Thursday, February 12, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane Pt. I

So I missed out on a Chris Isaak concert last night due to scheduling and traveling issues. I compensated with playing Grand Theft Auto for an hour or two, basically forgoing the missions, boosting only the fast cars and motorcycles from poor, helpless civilians, killing in the name of greed/money and taking long, scenic rides by the coast of San Andreas and other gang infested areas. Even with all the fun mayhem and ultra violence of the street, I'm still none the less bummed this morning. Top that off with having to come to work on little sleep and I'm a serious risk.

I have an opportunity to be blogging from California in a couple of months. Not to live (but who knows), just on a short and much needed vacation. The prospect of having fun in another state, drinking incessantly, writing, meeting new people and drinking incessantly with them sounds great and fun. I can't really wait to get out into the sun and get a decent tan that doesn't involve pain and red skin.

The great thing about this certain trip is that I'm going it alone for the first time. I've always been in the situation of traveling with family, friends or groups. I am looking forward to being solo on my way to the coast. Not having to small talk, explain or entertain anyone but myself. Nameless and unknown in the terminal, getting my cute suitcase (that I just bought for a damn good price) off of the carousel and eventually/silently catching a cab that will take me wherever I want to go.

To be continued...

No comments: