Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The River Wild

After initial fear of cold rushing water and...well, death, I said what the hell and took on 17 miles of the American River and LOVED IT. I now know what it's like to just bite the bullet, take my chances and be so happy/proud that I didn't pass the chance up. I'll remember how I felt in these pictures til' the day I die. If you look very hard, I'm in that that little raft, smiling, laughing and enjoying every minute of that rapid.


In mid-May, I took a flight to California with little more than 200 dollars in my wallet and pure hopes that I would finally get over the stress of bullshit work and make a much needed escape from regular life for a short while. I slept in, ate whatever I wanted and used the hot tub like nobody's business. I was completely lazy and for the first time in a long time I allowed myself to take it slow and easy.
Before I had left I had to undergo some radiation treatments for a thyroid problem. I had never felt so sick in my life and actually I thought it would hinder my ability to have a fun time. Even the word radiation freaked my family out. I chose not to tell anyone really until I had it completed. That also was the best decision I could have made for myself. As of now I feel good and honestly, I will miss my 20's when I'm older and looking back. My birthday is next month and I am finally starting to feel that creeping, cold, clammy hand of adulthood wrap it's fingers around my neck with a determined grip. Bring it on. Things have definately changed. More later.

No comments: