Monday, April 28, 2008

Lazy Ass Chic

Song Playing: Riverside Drive - Peter Buffett: Inside Looking Out

What an amazing six days it has been! I took some time off from work and bloggin' (just cuz' - no real reason other than the fact that I wanted to be lazy) and since Wednesday of last week it's been nothing but laying around the house, opening the doors of my mind, seeing friends, drivin' at criminal speed, and gaining weight on junk food. I also got all of my hair chopped off for Spring. Literally. It's short. Not the greatest styling choice but I am now beyond being upset about it. It'll grow back fast and I finally look my age.

Anywho, you loverly lust kittens (I like that phrase) I hope you're all doing fine and life is at least treating you decent.

Every 5 months or so (without fail) I will be inundated with all things motherhood. Now, people that have known me longer than a month will automatically tell you that I am probably the last person on earth who should be responsible for another human life. I wholeheartedly agree with that because I find it difficult to take care of just myself sometimes. However, it's like a damn curse; I'll start seeing multiple things on pregnancy, little babies/snot nosed kids will find me interesting and try to follow me when I'm at the grocery store, friends from highschool will waddle over to me in public and make me touch the protruding, water balloon for a stomach that they are hauling around all while saying things like "oh, it'll be your turn soon" or "...don't you think babies are cute?" I want to say "HELL NO!!!" and run away but the pure nausea and uneasiness of it all just makes me wince. I don't believe I'm alone when I say that I don't like/want/desire children. I'm not against people having them (if they are totally capable / willing to take on that sort of thing. i.e. Planned Pregnancy). But it's just not me, it's not who I am right now.

I had a good friend tell me that a woman is at her most beautiful when she is carrying a child. Skin is soft, breasts are large and sensual, and the all-talked-about glow kicks in. So why is it that I see so many soon-to-be mothers in sweats, daisy dukes, shirts two sizes too small and dirty flip flops? Now I could understand that a pregnant person wouldn't feel beautiful: tales of morning sickness alone terrify me, but has society lost that old fashioned attitude of appearance? Maternity clothes (what I've seen) look cute, and obviously exist for a reason, but I never see them on girls where I live (small town USA). If I ever have children, will I fall into that trap and remember this blog entry with bitterness and embarrassment? I dunno, but definite Kudos to those of you who have brought life into this world, loved it and took the initiative to have pride in yourself as a woman. You are a lot stronger than I am and not nearly as selfish :)

Hopefully the baby invasion will be over soon and bug me at another time (preferably 20 years to never from now). Until then I'm enjoying the time to myself and not having to answer to anyone. In this golden moment of freedom, I'm choosing to live it up, and have something worthy to brag about when I'm 60. It's all in the experience. Go out and have one today.

1 comment:

B.Sunshine said...

right on. babies aren't too cute unless they are planned!