Thursday, May 29, 2008

R.I.P Hedley Lamarr


If you've never seen Blazzing Saddles, History of the World Part I, or the wonderfulness that is The Carol Burnett Show (years 64' to 67'), then you need to do yourself a big favor and get your ass to your local movie rental place. Youtube it, buy it on Amazon, just see it.
Harvey Korman, one of my all time favorite actors passed away today at the age of 81.
Out of the instances where I can remember spending actual, real, fun time with my father as a kid is watching the Carlol Burnett Show reruns during dinner and laughing ourselves silly because no matter the situation, no matter the joke, Korman was always great. It's still one of the few things that me and the old man can agree on. There was something in Korman's 6'4" height and amazing versatility that still manages to get my attention. He was just plain funny.
Sad to see another great one gone. Thanks for the memories, laughs and the Great Gazoo.

No comments: