Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Working Class

Good Evening.
I apologize for my absence as of late. I've been at work, slaving away, stickin' it to the man and getting yelled at by old, unhappy ladies that have absolutely no fucking business owning a telephone. You know who you are you, ignorant raving crones. Go to hell.

Anywho, The word that could be used to sum up this past week is PERSEVERANCE. If anything I have shown more than I thought I was capable of. It feels good to know that I can do things that seem beyond my ability and confidence.

If anything, all we humans have is time. Time to think, regret, love and so much more. What do you do with your time? The question that sometimes keeps me up is that I wonder if I've wasted it in any way on either someone or something that wasn't worth it. Is working myself to death the only way to achieve some sort of fulfilment? Of course not, but I'm admitting right now that I've found myself using it as an excuse to not get out there and meet people or experiencing things. It's caused me to miss out on alot. This has been going on for a long time and I've got to stop that.

Today it hit me. For once I didn't care if I didn't do everything perfectly. I let the small stuff go without trying to control it, and I was a calmer person for it. Perhaps the fact that I'm learning to do things on my own without the support of a significant other got me to where I am now. I felt as if I had some grand enlightenment allowed into my life. It's a totally beautiful feeling to be self-sufficient and OK with emotions, letting them come and go, allowing yourself to be open to it all. I'm learning.

The picture was taken on a trip to San Francisco last year. It took my breath away. I'm looking forward to being that satisfied again.

One day at a time kids.

"There is no failure except in no longer trying. There is no defeat except from within, no really insurmountable barrier save our own inherent weakness of purpose." - K. Hubbard
Posted by Picasa

No comments: